Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination is the only review book on the market with a focus on prioritization and management of care-just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! The workbook’s unique approach establishes your foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills. It offers unique preparation for the NCLEX Examination and effectively equips you to practice in today’s fast-paced healthcare environment.
- The only workbook available that provides in-depth practice with prioritization, delegation, and assignment questions similar to those you’ll see on the NCLEX Examination, including questions in alternate item formats
- Unique three-part organization that (1) equips you with foundational skills to make sound decisions, then helps you apply those skills (2) in straightforward scenarios and (3) then in complex health scenarios
- In-depth Answer Key at the back of the book that provides not only the correct answer but also a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question, whether prioritization, delegation, supervision, or patient assignment.
- Expanded content focus to include psychiatric/mental health, OB/maternity, and pediatrics along with med-surg areas
- New chapters on infection control and obstetrics and maternity
- Greater emphasis on questions involving core body systems and related health problems, such as diabetes and cancer, to best prepare you for the conditions you are most likely to encounter on the NCLEX Examination and in clinical practice
- Four new unfolding cases addressing long-term care, pediatrics, psychiatric/mental health nursing, and OB/maternity
- Additional emphasis on medication safety equips you to take appropriate actions to prevent or remediate medication errors
- Multiple-select questions revised to include at least 5 response choices each, keeping you up to date with the full range of NCLEX Examination item formats